COST Action CA20104
ITC CONFERENCE : Open Call for PhysAgeNet
Only PhD students or Young researchers (< 40 years) with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC or NNC are eligible. All candidates are invited to apply; however, priority will be given to those from institutions already participating in PhysAgeNet COST Action CA20104.
The applicant must give an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme, as well as the book of abstracts of the respective conference.
The main topic of the oral/poster presenation at the approved conference must be on a topic relevant to PhysAgeNet COST Action CA20104 and must acknowledge COST.
The conference in question should take place until October 31 of the Grant Period.
In addition to these general criteria, the call for applications may include specific aspects
(e.g. related to eligible conferences or to topical aspects of PhysAgeNet). These will be applied for the approval process. i.e., ranking of the applications.
Selection of Applicants
Only participants who comply with all eligibility criteria will be considered for the Grant; however, in the case of similar appliations, priority will be given to those institutions or individuals already participating in PhysAgeNet COST Action CA20104. If applicable, WG leaders will be consulted. COST policies like gender and geographical balance will be followed.
Applications will be reviewed and decisions will be made continuously. If budget is left after the deadline specified above, it may be extended.
The ITC conference grant covers the following positions:
Travel and substinance in case of on-site participation;
Printing of scientific poster (in case of on-site participation);
Overall effort for implementation.
The covered amount for participation is up to 2000 EUR for on-site conference or 500 EUR for virtual participation.
How to Apply
In order to apply, participants need to:
- Create a Grant application in the e-COST system;
- Select the grant from the page “Apply for new grant”;
- Fill in the application for the Grant and add the following supporting documentation:
- ITC grant application based on the e-COST template
- Copy of the abstract of the accepted oral or poster presentation
- Acceptance letter from the conference organizers
- A document confirming that the abstract for presentation will be published in a Book of Abstracts (e.g. a screenshot from the conference webpage)
- A rough calculation/explanation of the grant amount which is applied for
- A confirmation or other evidence, showing that the Grant candidate is active in CA20104, or is from an institution participating in CA20104 (optional)
During the Conference
During the conference, we encourage you to take pictures and send the to the ITC Conference Grand Coordinator (Kristine Sneidere, email@example.com), as well as, tweet from your own account during the conference, mentioning @physagenet and @COSTprogramme, and using the hashtags #ITCConferenceGrants, #PhysAgeNet, #COST, #activeaging, #exerciseismedicine.
After the Conference
After the conference, the participant must write and submit a report via their e-COST account, including:
certificate of attendance;
programme of the conference or book of abstracts/proceedings indicating the
presentation (oral or poster);
Copy of the given presentation (oral or poster);
Copy of the article (if published in Conference Proceedings).
Please note that the report should be submitted no later than 30 days after the conference.